More ways to volunteer
There are many ways to lend your time and talents to uplift the women, youth and children of Hobart Women’s Shelter.
Many volunteers dedicate their time to the Hobart Women’s Shelter every year to help make all that we do possible. These generous individuals and groups give their time and talents to support the Hobart Women’s Shelter and the women, and children we assist. There are many ways you can become involved as a volunteer at the Hobart Women’s Shelter.
Organize a Drive
There are so many ways you and your families, friends, co-workers or community groups can come together and make a difference to Hobart’s women and children – without even leaving your office! Every year the Hobart Women’s Shelter houses hundreds of women and children who need to have all of their physical needs met - so our needs for blankets, linens, shampoos, conditioners, soap, clothing and more for women and children sometimes seem never ending!
Help us stretch every dollar as far as possible at the shelter.
Here is how to host a drive:
- Select an item or items that you will be collecting (check out our Wish List)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for ideas and information.
- Set a timeline in which you will collecting items.
- Make flyers and use Social Media to spread the word with friends, family, co-workers, peers, etc!
- Create a donation box or set a location in which people can drop off the items.
- Set up a drop off date with our administration centre by contacting email@example.com or calling 03 6273 8455.
Thank you for collecting these much needed items!
Essential Supplies Drive
Your group can make a tremendous impact with small donations from each of you. Whether to brighten a holiday or just bring a little “TLC” to every day at the shelter, your support makes a difference for those we serve. Drop off the items at the shelter and see the impact your donations make! View our wish list.
Coordinate a drive at your school, building, place of worship or work and provide much needed funds for the operations and programming of Hobart Women’s Shelter.