Family Support Worker
Hobart Women's Shelter is seeking to appoint a casual Family Support Worker experienced in providing trauma informed support to meet the physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of women in crisis. You will have knowledge of community resources relevant to the needs of women escaping domestic violence, experiencing homelessness and women with mental health, offending or substance use issues. You will understand how to work within Professional Practice and Ethical Decision-Making Frameworks.
You will have experience in, or ability to learn how to navigate systems such as SHIP (client database) and cloud-based technologies, to aid with maintaining accurate, clear and objective digital records.
We seek Female applicants only. Exemption under the Anti-Discrimination Act (1998).
- Minimum Certificate 4 in Social and Community Welfare or equivalent
- Applicants must be available for day, afternoon and/or night shifts
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Current Police Check
- IT proficiency in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, client databases and cloud-based technologies, or the ability to learn these packages
- The position carries a six-month (6) probation period.
To be considered for this position you must
- Address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description attached.
- Include a covering letter highlighting your qualifications, experience, and how you meet the general requirements of the position.
- Attach your current Resume/CV
- Email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enquiries to Fiona Cumberland, HR Officer or Vicky Blake, Practice Manager on (03) 6273 8455
- Applications must be received by 11.30 PM Wed 21st July 2021.
No Posts Found.