Senior Family Support Worker
The Hobart Women's Shelter is seeking 2 Senior Family Support Workers (SFSW) to work with individuals and families, many of whom have complex needs, to help them move from crisis and homelessness into more stable accommodation. The SFSWs will work with other service providers to develop a coordinated approach to assisting individuals and families to address their needs and overcome some of the barriers that may be preventing them from moving forward.
The Senior Family Support Workers provide support to the Family Support Worker (FSW) Team via supervision, mentoring, coaching, and modelling best practice behaviors in the delivery of services. The SFSWs share their knowledge and experience with other staff, provide constructive feedback and, in consultation with the Practice Manager, ensure that the well-being of the FSW Team is being maintained.
Both roles are 30 hours per week, and include day, afternoon, night, and on-call shifts.
- Female applicants only. Exemption under the Anti-Discrimination Act (1998)
- Current Driver's Licence
- Current Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Current Police Check
- IT proficiency in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, client databases and cloud-based technologies, or the ability to learn these packages
- Current First Aid certificate
- These positions carry a six-month (6) probation period
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant 4 year degree with one year of relevant experience; OR
- Relevant 3 year degree with two years of relevant experience; OR
- Associate Diploma with relevant experience; OR
- Relevant lesser formal qualifications with substantial years of relevant experience.
The successful applicants will be able to:
- Demonstrate experience in mentoring and supporting staff in a crisis accommodation or supported housing setting, or similar.
- Demonstrate experience, knowledge and/or skills in providing practical support to people experiencing trauma relating to domestic or family violence and/or homelessness, including case planning and referrals to relevant service providers.
- Well respected organisation
- Professional Supervision
- Supportive and positive work environment that focuses on continuous improvement
- Pro-rata Long Service Leave at 5 years
- Salary packaging is available
- Fast paced, busy and rewarding work environment
To be considered for this position you must
- Address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description attached.
- Include a covering letter highlighting your qualifications, experience, and how you meet the general requirements of the position.
- Attach your current Resume/CV
- Email your applications to email@example.com
- Enquiries to Fiona Cumberland, HR Officer or Vicky Blake, Practice Manager on (03) 6273 8455
- Applications must be received by 5pm Monday 12th July 2021.
Property Assistant - Cleaner
Please read the following Position Description. If applicable please respond with an up to date CV and cover letter.
Hobart Women’s Shelter (HWS) provides crisis accommodation and support to women and children experiencing family violence and/or homelessness. We are currently seeking a dynamic woman* who is extremely efficient and a great communicator to join our vibrant and innovative Property Team as a cleaner.
This role is highly regarded within our organisation. You will be responsible for ensuring properties are cleaned to a high standard, stocked correctly and presented with final touches to provide a warm and welcoming environment for our clients.
You will work with the Property Manager and Property Officer to clean and maintain 25 on-site and 7 off-site self-contained units.
Our successful candidate will:
- Understand the importance of the role
- Be reliable and flexible with hours
- Have a high level of demonstrated initiative
- Work well in a fast paced environment
- Have the ability to work to deadlines
- Have meticulous attention to detail
Ideally, we would also prefer some experience with COVID cleaning.
Applications should include your Resume and a cover letter detailing your experience as per the Selection Criteria.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for Selection Criteria
Please include contact details for 2 employment Referees.
You need to meet the requirements of the Selection Criteria to be considered for this role.
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
Phone enquiries can be made to Anne or Paige on (03) 6273 8455
*Exemption under the Anti-Discrimination Act (1998)