If you or someone you know is experiencing violence or are at risk of homelessness and need help or support, please click the link below to go through to our Helpful Links page where you will find links to support services.
There are national and state-based agencies that can assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Women's Legal Service Tasmania offer a number of legal fact sheets to assist you.
- Children and Family Law (607 KB, pdf)
- Wills, Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship (621 KB, pdf)
- Matrimonial Property Settlements (595 KB, pdf)
- Separation (577 KB, pdf)
- Seeing a Solicitor for the First Time (599 KB, pdf)
- Restraint Orders (603 KB, pdf)
- Family Violence Orders (622 KB, pdf)
- Defacto and Same Sex Property Settlements (615 KB, pdf)
- Birth Certificates (453 KB, pdf)
- Sexual Intercourse with Young Persons and Mandatory Reporting (590 KB, pdf)
- Victims of Crime Assistance in Tasmania (584 KB, pdf)
- Unfair Dismissal (591 KB, pdf)